The concept of the "date" is an old myth. Supposedly, back in the day, guys used to ask girls out to dinner or a movie or whatever and spend time getting to know them BEFORE becoming sexually involved. Oh shit, what a novel idea! Now, I'm not only blaming guys for for the advent of the "hook up culture." Girls DO let guys get away with this behavior and don't lie girls, I know some of you are totally booty texting/calling too! This scenario does seem easy and convenient. Its just sex right? No emotions involved? Wrong, someone can end up getting hurt either emotionally (does this mean he/she likes me? is he/she also hooking up with someone else? Fuck, IDK!) or physically (STDs people!- EEK)
Now, I'm not ranting because I am bitter and pissed off because some guy has fucked me over recently, I'm ranting because this past weekend I was actually taken on a legitimate date. And let me tell you, It was pretty fucking awesome.
Lets recap:
Last weekend I met MHG at a bar on U street. We exchanged numbers and he called me the next day to ask me on a date. Our date wasn't a "lets hang out" at my place kind of deal. He picked me up, took me to dinner and concert. He even asked me ahead of time if I liked the restaurant he chose and the band we were going to see. At dinner, we talked about everything from favorite cartoon characters to serious things like life plans. He even remembered things we had discussed the previous weekend when we met. Is it bad that i am beyond impressed by this guy? This is how girls SHOULD be treated.
Good bye immature frat boys. Hello hot older guys.
-Dylan
No comments:
Post a Comment