Saturday, October 3, 2009

Condoms: Safe or Annoying as All Hell

Yes, we all know it's essential to have safe sex. Not just for the sake of not catching some icky, itchy STD, but let's face it. At 21 we should not be mothers. Can you imagine?? That would be fucking awful. I completely believe all girls should be on the pill, or get an IUD, or have some consistent form of baby prevention. I am. And unless you have a health issue that prevents it, you should DO IT.

Needless to say I've always stopped using condoms a few weeks into my relationship. Granted I know I shouldn't. It's quite gross, admittedly. And let's not forget everytime you have sex with someone without and condom, you're having sex with everyone they've had sex with, etc. Man, my kill count would be high! I love my primary care doctor because everytime I go in he does a blood and urine analysis test. This tells me I don't have HIV or any other main stream diseases... (the clap, sphyillis, etc.) So that takes care of one of us. But what about your partner? If you've decided to be in a committed relationship that's one thing. But what if you're sleeping around? In that case I think you should always use a condom, no matter what the guy says. And if neither of you have one, too damn bad. Be SMART, Not slutty. I don't care if he whines about not being able to cum with a condom. Fuck him.

But back to the committed relationship. You've both been tested at this point (pleasseee for fucks sake just get tested AND often!) and you're on the pill. When can you stop using a condom then? IMO they smell awful, and truly turn me off, and the sex is never as good. (Come on, we all know it's SO much better without a condom.) And in my arbitrary completely random opinion I'm going to say it's ok after one whole month of sleeping together exclusively. Even then it's definitely not smart, but let's be honest with one another, it's gonna happen, and it's not the worst thing to ever happen. So let's keep it wrapped for one month, AFTER you've established exclusivity. And then you can have all the sloppy condomless sex you want.

XO
<3 Charlie

1 comment:

  1. actually, if you want to break it down technically, when you have sex without a condom on you're only having sex with everyone they've also rawdogged it with. Where this article falls short, I think, is that it fails to address where condoms come in in the world of anal sex? alternatives? views? other than that keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete